Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blog Entry: Jae Pamandanan

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending Philippine Fashion Week for the SM show.  I nabbed front row seats (sweet!) and was pleasantly surprised by the stuff that went down the runway.  I sat across the who’s who of Manila; men and women dressed to the nines as if their lives depended on it. I had googly eyes and was dying in envy. It was a good night for people-watching. 


SM featured Parisian shoes and it is a shame I’ve only discovered them now. Half the time I was “ooh-ing and ahhh-ing” in my seat wondering how much those babies retailed for. Some of them were reminiscent of my favorite designer pumps like studded camel-tone Pradas and Jeffrey Campbell rebel boots.

I especially enjoyed seeing things in black, blush and au naturale. It was days like this one that kind of made me wish I invested in a better camera and took photography classes because having the talent of photo/fashion bloggers jak and jil (http://jakandjil.com)would have came in handy! 

The collaboration of SM brands satisfied the fashion-hungry girl in me. Every shoe seemed like an art piece, every model was styled to a tee. The clothing choices addressed every woman and all the important roles she plays. Seeing these garments come to life whilst partnered with 4 inched heels made the models look powerful. More dynamic. The fabrics were fluid and made beautiful silhouettes. The jewelry, top hats and occasional bags were put together nicely. It made me say “I want that.”

It really is a different time now. Women are so confident and fashion encourages that. I am so happy that local brands like this carry the kind of clothes women want to buy and wear at an AFFORDABLE rate, no less.

If you asked me, the one thing I didn’t appreciate very much was watching too many models on the ramp at the same time. At one point, my eyes got confused and any photo opportunity was a mess. Then again, that might have been because I was completely overwhelmed (in a good way!) w/ the clothes, accessories and footwear, that I felt I needed more time to look and study each item.

In the end, I came home happy because of the eye-candy that was Parisian, WWW, et al.

Love,
Sandrine

P.S. Photos of shoes in another entry soon! I’ve gotta sort through 300+ photos from the show and narrow it down to a few favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment