Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog Entry: Camille Santiago

SM Department Store --A Fashion Haven For Fashionistas

Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2010 --sounds glamorous and fab don't you think? And yes it really is. Hello! 7 days of pure fashion is HEAVEN! Luckily, I was asked to cover for this year's fashion week for Cosmo.ph. On the first day of PFW, I watched two shows. But wow, I admit that I really enjoyed SM's fashion show!

I've always been familiar with SM Department Store; and honestly, I never shopped there until two years ago, my cousin wore this really pretty heels from SM. After checking out the place, I went crazy over the wide variety of clothes, shoes, accessories! There are just so many stylish pieces to choose from! Not to mention, the price is very affordable.

The SM PFW Fashion Show went smoothly. The fashion show itself fed the audience with drool-worthy pieces fit for occasions like last-hurrah-for-summer, back to school, work and parties! My eyes just grew wider and wider each time a model comes out from backstage sashaying the SM items. While watching the show, I took down notes of the items that caught my eye, and boy, I came up with a list! In my mind also I already imagined a couple of looks that I can wear with those items. Say, this black & white nautical striped blazer (I am a BIG FAN OF STRIPES!) goes well with skinny jeans, simple ballet flats and a cute-sy floral top. Perfect for school! While this royal blue flowy tank with a print of a bird looks hot with white jeans and those gray Parisian zipper booties! Really glam for cocktails with friends.

Not only do I find the items for ladies very eye-catching, but also the men's collection -and no, not because of the hot bodies that strutted down the runway in candy colored trunks! I have two younger brothers who are slowly beginning to become fashion conscious. I can imagine them in those clothes looking very neat, presentable and fasyon.

Fashion has always been a part of me but I don't have enough budget to buy luxurious pieces. I am a student, and I don't earn as much yet; but because of SM, I get to buy clothes, shoes and accessories that are very fashionable and has this universal taste that of course, fits within a student's budget. Every time I visit SM, I never leave empty-handed; there's always this funky ring or casual yet trendy top that grabs my attention. I saw how SM's collection evolved over the years, and I must say, they just keep getting better and better! And like they say, "we've got it all for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment